OAKWOOD HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY 2012-13
Oakwood High School is a school proud to wear its uniform.
All pupils attending the school will be required to wear the uniform at all times.
There will be no exceptions, there will be no excuses.
We encourage pupils to take a pride in their own appearance.
1. Full length black trousers for boys and girls and black skirts (no mini-skirts) for girls, all items must be plain black without labels, tabs or stripes. Tracksuit type trousers, leggings and jeans are not to be worn.
2. Grey v necked jumper or cardigan with Oakwood High School badge.
3. Plain collared white shirt.
3. Oakwood High School clip on tie.
4. Plain black hijab may be worn.
5. Sensible, serviceable black shoes (no coloured laces, logos, stripes, soles or flashes. No platform or high heels. Boots and trainers are not acceptable. Footwear which extends above the ankle bone will be classified as a boot!).
No other combination of uniform is acceptable.
No jewellery except for watches and plain studs. If you have piercings (only one set of earrings and one nose stud allowed). No other piercing will be allowed.
Only discreet make-up is allowed at school. (Discreet means subtle and not obvious, so, no coloured eye-makeup, lipstick or blusher; only a thin layer of foundation; minimal eyeliner and mascara).
PE Uniform 2012-13
Pupils are expected to bring kit to change into for PE. It is not appropriate for pupils to wear the kit they wear for PE during other lessons.
Pupils who need to be excused from lessons for medical reasons should still bring their kit to wear. It is important to continue to develop PE knowledge and skills through less physical aspects of the work, eg, coaching, planning and evaluating.
For 2012-13 pupils are invited to wear their ‘old’ blue polo shirts
as acceptable PE kit.
New Year 7's to have a navy blue polo shirt with new school logo.
Years 8-11 to wear old school blue polo shirt or new blue polo with new school logo.
Jumpers continue with black hooded top.
AND THEN FOR ALL YEARS
Navy Blue socks
Black Tracksuit bottoms
Football boots (optional)
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR NAME IN EACH ITEM OF YOUR SCHOOL CLOTHING, SHOES AND PE KIT, SO IT CAN BE RETURNED IF LOST.
REMEMBER VALUABLE ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT INTO SCHOOL
The remainder of the uniform may be obtained from a wide variety of retail outlets.
Clean uniform will be held by the school; pupils will be expected to change into that uniform if they attend school with the incorrect uniform.