Construction @ Hutton Park
CONSTRUCTION – BTEC Construction Skills Level 1, BTEC Level 2 in construction (QCF)
The ability to work independently in small teams, basic skills in measuring, a willingness to learn and act upon instructions and an interest in working with your hands.
- Structure of the Construction Industry
- Health & Safety, Welfare
- Sustainability in Construction
- Exploring Carpentry & Joinery
- Performing Joinery operations
- Performing Carpentry operations
- Exploring Trowel operations
- Performing Block work operations
- Exploring Painting & Decorating
- Performing Paper Hanging operations
- Exploring Roofing operations
- Exploring Floor & Wall tiling
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I GET?
- BTEC Extended Certificate (equivalent to 2 GCSE’s)
- BTEC Diploma (equivalent to 4 GCSE’s)
WHAT CAN I DO AFTERWARDS?
- Progress to College to study Level 3
- Learners will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and understanding to enter occupations including bricklaying, carpentry, joinery, tiling, plastering or painting and decorating
Practical and written assessments
½ day or full day over 2 Years