Year 5 and Year 6 Open Evening, Monday 23rd September 2019, 6.00pm - 8.00pm. Headteachers talk at 7.00pm.
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Vision
As a School we endeavour to work towards The Gatsby Good Practice Benchmarks, the DFE Careers guidance and inspiration in schools’ statutory guidance (March 2015) and other good practice guidance from the Department of Education, Ofsted and other relevant bodies.
We recognise that we have a responsibility to ensure all pupils at the school are provided with independent careers guidance (Education Act 2011) in relation to guidance from section 45A of the Education Act 1997.
The Oakwood High School Careers Offer
1. Every young person in the school should have access to impartial, independent and personalised careers education, information, advice. Our careers programme is embedded with equality and diversity throughout.
2. The School has an explicit published policy on young people’s experiences of the world of work, links with business, careers provision and destination outcomes. This policy is reviewed and approved by the governing body at least every three years.
3. Oakwood has a governor with designated oversight for ensuring that the institution supports all pupils to relate their learning to careers and the world of work from an early age.
4. Oakwood has up-to-date, user-friendly labour market intelligence/information (LMI) readily accessible by young people, teachers and parents/carers.
5. Every young person in the School will have the opportunity to meet employers to support their knowledge and experience of career pathway options. This may include career insights from industry experts, coaching, mentoring, enterprise activities, and other relevant activities.
6. Lessons from this, and other elements of the careers and employability journey, will be captured by the school. This will provide a record that our pupils are given numerous experiences to help them become work-ready and that employers can be confident that they have been given support in terms of careers guidance and work-related learning.
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance
The Careers Information, Advice & Guidance Education programme at Oakwood High School enables our pupils to make a successful transition into their chosen pathway.
Pupils have access to a range of careers support delivered through a variety of ways. All Pupils will have a programme of careers support, reinforced with, where required, with a one to one guidance appointment delivered by an impartial qualified careers adviser. Pupils can request a guidance appointment at any time throughout their academic life and pupils will be offered support at key transition points such as Year 8 options, Year 11 progression planning. Parents are able to attend appointments and careers guidance specialists will be at parent evenings to provide any further careers support. Please see our Calendar of events section.
All pupils will follow a programme of Careers Education & Guidance from years 7-11
This will be provided through:
To view our Careers Programme click here
To view our MAP Careers Programme click here
For statutory Careers guidance and access for education and training providers click here
To view information on Careers Strategy click here
To view our Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance policy click here
For further information on The Gatsby Benchmark Framework click here